Sunday, September 25, 2005
I dunno why yesterday I suddenly had an urge to do some reflections on things and events that occur during the past year. Perhaps I was too bored studying the stupid promos...
So many things happened to me in the past year and I'm sure that is true for everyone else as well. I can still remember last year during this period we were all probably studying real hard for our Os. Then right after Os most of us probably thought that the worse exam on earth was over but that's not true for now, we have got our stupid promos which make us (maybe just me) spend so much more time studying than Os. Within a year i can see so many ppl transform from some slacker to at least some part time mugger thanx to the power of something called the JC and the As.
Then after that was NSSN, I rmb that i was pretty uncomfortable initially when i join NSSN for the fact that I was in boys sch for the past 4 years and have not really interact much with people from the opposite gender. Luckily, I think after a while I got used to it already and NSSN was really fun.
1st 3 months followed and it was like one of the best times i had in my entire sch life. I think it is because all of us know that our place in the JC may not be confirmed and there's a chance anyone of us have to leave so we just play as much as we can. I still can remember the cycling trips with my class along east coast road( i got a scar to show for it btw) and the frequent dinner we had after band which a lot of people went then.
Right after the 1st 3 months I experienced a lot of things. 1st, I had to experienced the separation from my friends like Visaruth who went back to thailand to study in university and people like han tao and farhan who cant stay in VJ. For Visa, its like quite significant change in my life, its quite hard to accept the fact that your good fren had went back to his country and he's not going to be back in singapore like it was before and that when you're bored you cant just phone him and that even if I were to phone him there will be some distance between us. Its not like i can just call him now and ask him to meet me at Orchard to go walk walk or anything liddat. For hantao, it was like i just got to know him better then he had to leave already. Moreover, I also experienced people who changed a lot and sort of become another person who i dun know at all.
Sch life after the 1st 3 months was pretty boring already. I swear they give us all the fun we can get during our 1st 3 months so that we will pay back for the rest of the 21 months with all the mugging and stuff. There were people who felt that 1st 3 months thing should be abolished as it brought unneccessary separation of people just when they start to knwo each other better. But then think about it, if not for having 2 intakes, will the 1st 3 months be as fun? I doubt so...
I spent abt 45mins typing this entry already think i should just continue later.. better go start work now and maybe do this agn when i have my breaks
black and white.
8:50 am